I spent two years teaching 1st-4th grade at Sussex School in Missoula, Montana. There, I learned pedagogical practices and worked with amazing colleagues to teach place-based, student-centered science, math, reading, and outdoor skills. I suspect that if you can teach a six year old, you can teach anyone.
I’ve TA’d the following undergraduate courses:
- Geology in the Field (Carleton College, Prof. Cam Davidson)
- Mineralogy (Carleton College, Prof. Cam Davidson)
- Introductory Field Geology (University of Minnesota, Prof. Joshua Feinberg)
- Environmental Geology (University of Wisconsin-Madison, Prof. Ken Ferrier)
- Survey of Oceanography (UW-Madison, Prof. Andrea Dutton)